The Oakbank Easter Racing Carnival will give back to the Adelaide Hills sporting community through the Stateliner Community Club Cup.
Easter Monday will see the running of the innagural Community Club Cup, which allows sporting clubs in the Adelaide Hills to register their club for a chance to win a share of $10,000.
Stateliner Director, Mark Crawford is pleased to be partnering with the Oakbank Racing Club & Country Racing SA to support the local Community Clubs in the Adelaide Hills.
"Stateliner currently sponsors a number of country sporting clubs and charities, so the new Oakbank Community Club Cup concept really appealed to us," he said.
"Our bus service travels to many regional South Australian communities, where quite often the main social outlet is with sports clubs and community groups.
"Being a local Adelaide Hills resident, that is no different here.
"The Stateliner Community Club Cup will be an exciting event for the local clubs to be involved with, while their members also enjoy a great day out at the races. We wish the Oakbank Racing Club every success with this new concept," Crawford said.
Oakbank Racing Club Chairwoman, Arabella Branson said it looks to be an engaging day of racing.
"The Adelaide Hills has such a strong sense of community and the Oakbank Easter races has a big role to play in bringing everyone together and building affinity with racing.
"One lucky club will take home the $5,000 first prize if the horse they choose crosses the line first," she said.
With the Stateliner Community Club Cup open to all sporting clubs in the Adelaide Hills, get your club representative to email firstname.lastname@example.org with entries closing at 11:59pm Wednesday April 13th.
Stateliner Community Club Cup
Oakbank Racecourse – Easter Monday, 18 April 2022
Each horse running in the Community Club Cup will be allocated to an Adelaide Hills Community Club who’s registered with the club to take part.
- 20 clubs to be picked at random for a horse at the last Oakbank Racing Club Committee meeting prior to the Easter Monday field draw
- First 12 clubs randomly picked are guaranteed a horse, a further 8 clubs have a potential slot depending on the size of the field
- The 20 randomly chosen clubs will receive 2 x GA tickets to Easter Saturday + a club offer for group ticket purchases to Easter Monday via email
- Each randomly chosen club (relative to the field) will have the opportunity to draw a horse on Easter Saturday on the Back Paddock stage, hosted by James Jordan
- Cash to your club if your horse wins - $5k, runs second - $3k, runs third - $1k, runs last - $1k.
If your club is selected, why not make a day of it and purchase extra tickets to take in the racing action and cheer on your horse. Tickets are available from Moshtix.